Monday, September 6, 2010

DAY 51

Today I am grateful for: Tea + Party


We had a 'Wiggles Dance Party' for Jamin's 3rd birthday today. I love being part of these small milestones (like Ava's from Day 38).

Us 3 big people had a busy Friday and Saturday morning getting ready - from baking and decorating the Dorothy cake, making paper-chain decorations, blowing up balloons and rigging them to fall from the roof (Danny's job), baking sausage rolls, tidying the house and keeping the children entertained while we achieved it all.


The Dorothy tail from Day 39 made it's much anticipated appearance today. Jamin loved it - and I must say I quite enjoy sashaying around the house with it on too. It might be nice to have a detachable tail from time to time....


Danny kindly released Alison and I for some shopping in the afternoon and we headed off for a child-free break. We finished off the session with cake and tea and 'The Cheesecake Factory'. We had the most divine cake - it was a 'Red Velvet Cheesecake' - with layers of red velvet cake and traditional cheesecake. I'll definitely be trying something similar next time I am called on for a dessert. Yummo!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to some of that cake at HG sometime. ;-)

Selena said...

You are on dessert when you return for sure!