Saturday, September 4, 2010

DAY 50

Today I am grateful for: an 'everyday' day


Wow, what a change of pace from the frenetic New York City life. Life here in Salt Lake City with the Smith family feels a lot like life in Toowoomba felt like with the Smith family.

We do everyday things.

The kids can change from cuddly to cranky in the blink of an eye. We get groceries at the local supermarket. We eat dinner outside on the deck. We bake. We laugh. We enjoy the weather and play outside. We talk. We watch a DVD and eat ice-cream from the carton. We go to bed early because we are worn out.

I've missed this life.

This is how I spent weekends before they left. We would do life together. We would share looking after the kids. We would cook. We would talk. We would drink cups of tea in the sunshine.

I am looking forward to the next week with life taking on the pace that I love.

________

Day 45 in review (I think I am all caught up with pics now...)

Church with Rowan


Brunch at Five Leaves

Williamsburg 'Pool Party' event


Dinner at Dumont (best mac'n'cheese ever!)

1 comment:

Selena said...

It's so lovely that you are so close to your sister Linda.