Saturday, September 11, 2010

DAY 57

Today I am grateful for: Skype



Today I am grateful for the wonderful people at Skype who made free video calling available to anyone with a webcam and decent internet.

I can only image how incredibly difficult being away from loved ones would be without the chance to talk face-to-face when the time zones match up. I love calling Alison and finding out how their day has been, chatting with Jamin and Kael, and occasionally catching Danny as he walks up the stairs from a day at work. It makes the world a much smaller place. I also love the fact that when I call Rowan in New York he is often home for the night after work, and we both gets lots of work done while talking, just like we did in the office!

That is Oma Moes on Skype today. The boys get excited whenever anyone calls and then lose interest after a couple of minutes.

In other news, we have had a busy busy day getting packed ready for our trip tomorrow. This is where I spent most of the day today - the kitchen:


I made a batch of blueberry muffins, Anzac biscuits, a potato and spinach frittata, philly cheese dip and a yummy creamy fettuchini dinner. I was cleaning up after dinner and Alison referred to me as 'her kitchen maid'. I took it as a compliment ;)

Also, the Dorothy tail got a work-out today. Photos courtesy of Alison. I was busy in the kitchen baking something.


Not sure if I will get internet to post daily over the next couple of days, but I promise there will be a blog per day even if they all get posted on the same day.

Tally ho!

No comments: