Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Friends don't let friends run away

DAY 8



Molly (the dark one) and Lulu (the light one) are very good examples of kids. I let the girls play outside in their new 'kitty coop' unsupervised for the first time on Sunday morning while I was curled up in bed with a headache.

After a while, Lulu kept coming in and out of my bedroom, crying and acting like a nervous nelly. After about 15minutes of this I got up to see what Molly was up to.

Molly was up to no good. She was nowhere to be found.

I tracked her sneaky escape to some pushed through wire in the corner. Molly had 'flown the kitty coop' and instead of following, Lulu decided to stay back and tell a grown-up what she had done. The good news is that after an hour of wilful abandon, Molly was found scampering around my front garden like a kid after a rainy day.

This reminded me so much of my primary school years with my little sister Alison - I was Lulu, and Alison was disobedient Molly. Alison would do naughty things, and I would tell on her to mum. Alison had all the fun, and I would follow the rules.

I'm glad at least one of my cats is like me - otherwise they would both be galavanting the streets - cruising for boyfriends and booze (haha).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Al, what do you say?JaneP

Sue Moes said...

I'm glad Alison didn't go cruising for boyfriends and booze!

Busy Brissy Mum said...

Glad you cleared that up Sue. Did kinda sound like she did.

Linda Moes said...

Let me clarify - Alison wasn't cruising for boys and booze - if Molly was a person that's what she would have been doing.