Monday, August 23, 2010

DAY 38

Today I am grateful for: A 3rd Birthday


Last weekend I managed to catch my brother and his family in Brisbane on Saturday afternoon. It was Ava's birthday that coming Thursday and I arrived just in time for afternoon tea birthday cake with the family and Ava's maternal grandparents. As you can see from the pick, the star biscuits made an appearance along with the smarties mud cake.

There is something special about celebrating the early years of life (as well as all the other years as well). For the last 365 days Ava had been learning something new every day. I'm sure Lara could tell us some very good stories of all the things Ava had learnt and maybe some that she shouldn't have learnt as well.

Once again I am grateful for family. Family keep me grounded. They keep me honest. They remind me that life is about so much more than my own battles and triumphs. For me, family are the people who love me when I don't even love myself.


I'm all packed and ready to go for a 6am flight tomorrow. Not sure if I'll get a chance to blog but will do my best. Wonder what I can be grateful for on a long-haul flight.....

2 comments:

Selena said...

You can be grateful that you don't have to go by boat!

Diana Grace said...

and you could be grateful that the plane stayed in the air when it was supposed to! A truly modern day miracle! Have a great holiday Linda!!!