Saturday, September 4, 2010

DAY 49

Today I am grateful for: a full heart


I arrived in Utah last night after a long 5 hour flight from New York. I had a very hurried farewell with Rowan on 5th Avenue with a cab waiting, which was a little weird. One moment he was there, the next he wasn't. Very abrupt.

Arriving in Utah is one of my favourite moments of the trip. I was coming down the escalator into arrivals and I hear 'there she is!'. I look up and see Alison and Jamin waiting for me. Jamin runs to the escalator and says 'Hi Aunty'. He runs in to my arms & hugs me so tight. 'Aunty, I missed you so much'. I think my heart mended a little at that moment.


Hugs all around. Jamin saying 'I missed you Aunty', 'you're here Aunty!'.

This morning I was re-acquatined with Kael. He was coy and shy when he saw me, but I won him over within the hour. No nephew of mine can resist my charms. He has changed so much in 4 months - from a baby to a boy.

I hadn't realised just how much I missed this family until I found them again. I think my heart had blocked up the hole that they left with false bravado and fake smiles. Seeing them again made me realise I had just been pretending.

My heart is full again.

No comments: