Monday, September 6, 2010

DAY 52

Today I am grateful for: Kael


I had something else planned for the blog today, but Kael was being unbelievably cute this afternoon and I couldn't help myself.

Today I am grateful for this little man, who stole my heart and won't give it back.

I was thinking today about all the 'labels' we wear. I have many.

Daughter
Sister
Aunty
Friend
Leader
Worker
Organiser
Colleague
Photographer
Writer
Cousin
Confidant
Co-conspirator
Partner in crime
Wanna be kitchen queen
Sunshine chaser
Advice giver
Secret keeper

But no matter how many labels we wear, there will always be more we are searching for. I am on an eternal quest to find:

Wife
Beloved
Mother
Grandmother
Accomplished
Happy

Is that the total of our lives... the labels we wear? What if in the end the labels we have are not the ones we want? I don't think you can give them back or exchange them for new ones. They can only be earned or bestowed by others.

Maybe life is is the journey of attaining and maintaining each of them in turn. It's the journey not the destination. Something I need to remind myself daily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should define yourself every day by the most important label of all... "Child of God". All other labels come under that one. It is your true identity. Oh and what about the label of niece? Luv ya Linda! From the old aunt and uncle in Engadine, Sydney!