Thursday, September 9, 2010

DAY 55

Today I am grateful for: Hanging out with Jamin


Today Jamin and I spent some quality time together. We baked some biscuits and looked at some fish in the super-huge sporting and camping store that we visited in the afternoon (more on that coming up). It is amazing to be spending time with him again after these 4 months apart. He has grown up so much. Makes me wonder what he will be like when I see him next in another 4 months.

Today I am grateful for Jamin cuddles, kisses and unprompted declarations of love.
And I am grateful for Alison and her great snapping of photos with my camera. Thanks Al!


We headed out to a GIANT outdoors store called 'Cabelas' today (actually it is worthy of the description 'Behemoth).

Wow - what an eye opener, and a little creepy as well. It is mecca for the outdoorsman (or woman) of the family. Along with anything you might need for day of hunting, camping, fishing, hiking etc they also have life-like displays of taxidermied animals arranged in their native habitats - the wilderness, the forest, the snow etc. Jamin loved them. Alison and I were saddened by the carnage. Coming from Toowoomba, we haven't had much exposure to hunting as a sport (unless bargain hunting counts?).

I was having a look at the gun section (because I could) where I came across around 10 young guys trying out the wares. I overheard them discussing why they thought sawn-off shotguns should be legalised for them to use. Goodness me. "We're not in Kansas anymore Toto".

There was also an extremely large section for camouflage clothing. I think there was something there for every occasion including formal wear.... for the smartly-dressed woodsman I am sure.

It really is a different world here in Utah.

1 comment:

Selena said...

"bargain hunting" love it!