Wednesday, September 8, 2010

DAY 54

Today I am grateful for: Persevering


Alison, myself and baby Kael went for a ride this morning. Now I'll be the first to admit that I am not the most coordinated person around. Actually I am quite bad. Normally the only riding I do is on a stationary bike in an air-conditioned gym, so this activity was bound to be filled with entertainment value for anyone accompanying me.

Sadly Alison lives on a hill, and you guessed it - our ride went up the hill first. In the first minute of our ride I managed to nearly fall off twice, veer on to the wrong side of the road, jam up the gears and half way up decide it would be wiser to walk to rest of the way instead of tempting fate any further.

Alison, on the other hand, is a trooper. Not only did she manage to get herself up that hill, but she dragged an 8kg Kael up there behind her in his chariot.


So once I got the bike semi worked out we were on our way up many hills in the general direction of the mountains. At the top of the main hill I thought I might actually keel over and die. My heart was pounding, my legs were complaining and my lungs were working overtime. Riding the exercise bike doesn't feel like that for sure. I was hoping Alison would say that was the end and we could turn around and cruise down the hills with the wind in our hair. Sadly not.

We persevered and today's photo shows the reward .What a breathtaking view.


I half expect Laura Ingles Wilder from 'Little House on the Prairie' to wander into view, offering me some water for my parched horse.


Alison told me a story that when she and Danny were riding this area for the first time, she was so stuffed from the hills that Danny pushed her on her bike up the hill whilst riding his own bike at the same time. That is true love for sure.



Today I am grateful that I didn't give up.

1 comment:

Selena said...

GORGEOUS pics Linda!