Saturday, September 18, 2010

DAY 64

Today I am grateful for: reminders....



So many things to be thankful for today.

1 - Dan and Kerissa's wedding shower. A reminder that love and family and God are the best things.
2 - A visit to the park with the family and Auntie Sandie this afternoon. A reminder that kids only stay kids for a short time. Blink and it's over.
3 - That bittersweet reminders are the ones that leave a permanent mark.

As I mentioned yesterday, last night we had over 25 relatives in the house all at once. It was a complete surprise to see that Dad's cousins were quite similar to him in looks and temperament. At one stage I swear if I had closed my eyes I could have imagined him joining in the conversation as well - joking with his family, teasing his daughters and bragging about his grandchildren.

It was a bittersweet moment. A subtle memory of a man much missed even there in that place - many long miles from his home.

________


Family wedding shower brunch. Jamin decided to join the bridal party up the front during the present-opening. He delighted in yelling out what was in each package as they were opened. And I thought Jamin was going to be shy.....



The boys helped Uncle Ron wash the cars this afternoon. Photos care of Alison.



Kael has a new favourite snuggle friend. Our cousin Sam is quite taken with both boys too. He said to me tonight 'Danny and Alison do make gorgeous children, don't they'. I agreed.

No comments: