Thursday, September 30, 2010

DAY 75

Today I am grateful for: quality moments


I tried something new tonight – Stonegrill at the Cube Hotel. A bit of a gimmick but the steak was great. Would have appreciated a sauce to go with it though.

Had a great night catching up with my friend Sally – chatting about our lives over the last 6 weeks. Sally’s life is filled with much more happenings than mine. I haven’t laughed so hard in I can’t remember how long as she regaled me with stories of her fiercely independent, nearly 2 year old daughter Jasmine. My my that girl is going to give Sally grey hairs over the next 10 years, and her Daddy grey hairs when she gets to high school after that!

I’m grateful for quality moments. The moments where you look at that life-long friend and realise that they just ‘get’ what you are talking about. Some friendships from school days are special and should be nurtured – they are friends who have seen where you came from, and love who you have become.

1 comment:

Selena said...

You have such good one-liners Linda - "...friends who have seen where you came from, and love who you have become"