Wednesday, September 1, 2010

DAY 47

Today I am grateful for: the most American thing - Baseball



I have been very excited all week about going to the Baseball tonight and I wasn't disappointed. The Yankees were playing the Athletics and it was great! Between myself, Rowan and Adrian we worked out what was going on, sampled a traditional hot dog and did all the things locals do at the game. We were sitting up in the nose-bleed seats but that didn't matter - they were all the better because they only cost us $5 each! It was a lot of fun - much more interesting than it looks on TV, and I can see why the locals get so in to it.

I'm grateful for new experiences that surprise me. Who knew I liked baseball!

_______________

Day 47 in review

Breakfast at Sarabeths (a recommendation from a local friend)


Metropolitan Museum of Art



This was my favourite piece in the museum. I just love how life-like the little babies look.

_______________

And going back to the days I missed over the weekend - here is Day 44 in review:

Brooklyn Markets


Habana Outpost for lunch


Brooklyn Bridge

1 comment:

Selena said...

Glad to see you're still looking relaxed!
Can't believe you watched a whole game of sport!
Love the owl cushions @ the markets.