Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DAY 67

Today I am grateful for: a safe trip



We made it back to Utah this afternoon at 4pm, after doing just under 1000 miles in 2 days. Eeek I won't be signing up to do that with 2 kids in the backseat any time soon.

Today's pic is Jamin's favourite friend, Dorothy the Dinosaur, keeping him company while he watched DVD's in the car this afternoon. We all had a bit of a chuckle at the headphones.

Danny did an admirable job of towing the 28ft caravan behind us - even when the winds were gusting as we traversed the plains of Idaho. I thank God for travelling mercies.

One interesting by-product of being away from my home for the last 5 weeks is that I have realised just how much I love food and cooking. I love thinking about food, discovering new recipes, mastering a tricky technique and sharing the results with friends. I love the joy that comes from sharing an amazing meal, a delectable dessert, a mouthwatering cake, a biscuit baked with love.

My body and I both love food. I love to eat food, my body loves it so much that it likes to store it up for later on my hips. For this reason I have been on a strict and incredibly boring 'gym-friendly' diet for the last 12 months. I've decided to become the queen of healthy cooking. I'm going to master the low-calorie but tasty dinner. I will work out how to trick my hips into letting go of the food it loves.


More amazing scenery today, and sadly this will be the end of it for the trip - with just a day and a half left in Utah before I jump on a plane back to Brisbane on Wednesday evening.




No comments: