Tuesday, October 12, 2010

DAY 88

Today I am grateful for: a dinner guest



I'm not sure what it is about cooking, but I seem to need someone to share my successes, and to commiserate my failures. I think that is why I love cooking for others as it means we all share in the happiness - my happy from the making, and my friends happy in the eating.

Tonight I had a guest for dinner - my knowledgeable mother was here to advise me on my second roasting attempt. A successful rosemary lamb roast was had by all, even Molly who was sitting at the table with us. I know all you non-cat people will be appalled at having a cat on the dinner table, but I am a cat person, and it is okay with me, and I am the boss of this table. I'd also like to point out that if someone other than a family member was dining with us that there would not be a cat on the table. Molly would be on the floor pouting about the injustice of it all.

So today I am grateful for my mother (the dinner guest). It is nice to occasionally have someone other than the TV over dinner, and a reason to dig out my nice 'Maxwell Williams' plates.

5 comments:

Alison Smith said...

that looks scrumptous! wish i could have pushing molly off the table :)

Anonymous said...

Looks good Linda, I'm sure your mother is an appreciative and non-biased dinner guest!
Love Aunty Jane

Unknown said...

As a 'non-cat person' I actually quite like having a cat on the dinner table - so long as it's the one laid out on the platter.

Selena said...

If you ever need a dinner guest - I'm always happy to help out!

Unknown said...

We are waiting for our invite to see what you can do with mains as we know you are the best at dessert.!!!!!