Tuesday, August 31, 2010

DAY 46

Today I am grateful for: the most beautiful library in the world



Another busy day in NYC, but the highlight would have to be my visit to the New York Public Library. This is a research library so all the books (8 million of them) are kept downstairs in a giant vault. You put your order in and 30 minutes later your book gets sent upstairs for you to look at. Kind of like a home-delivery service for knowledge.

The building is incredible. Very Harry Potter-esque. All marble and archways, staircases and chandeliers, artwork and painted ceilings. It was a privilege to be around such beauty.

Like my 'Day 5' post, I am grateful that our ancestors placed so much importance on literature and the passing on of knowledge. I love books. I really, really do. I was walking around that library with happiness in my heart, thinking about what a beautiful place it was to store all that knowledge.

______

Monday in review:

World Trade Centre memorial and St Pauls church


'Top of the Rock' at the Rockefeller Centre


Grand Central Station


Bowling at 'Brooklyn Bowl' with Rowan's friends from Church


Pizza on the way home

1 comment:

Alison Smith said...

yum! i want to try that pizza. looks like a gr8 day!