Monday, August 30, 2010

DAY 45

Today I am grateful for: seeing the real New York



It was great to see the real, normal New York today - where everyday people live everyday lives. Brooklyn seems to be that place.

It was a super-hot day today (the first I have had here). Rowan was telling me that on hot days the Fire Department will come along and turn the fire hydrants in to sprinklers - with different spray nozzles on each one. The kids and the locals all come out to play, chat, drink beer and watch the world go by from the sidewalks on each street. This is the city's heat management plan and it seems to breed a community aspect in a giant city. I loved it.

Today I'm grateful for seeing how it really is.

_______

Sunday in review:

- Church with Rowan
- Lunch at 'Five Leaves'
- Williamsburg Pool Party - a free festival
- 'Mac and Cheese' for dinner at a great little restaurant (forgotten the name sadly)
- Home early - 10pm!

1 comment:

Selena said...

And I thought the hydrant thing was only in movies! How cool!