Friday, August 20, 2010

DAY 35

Today I am grateful for: people who care when I leave the country


Today was my last day in the office (HOORAY!) before I head off to the states on Tuesday for 5 weeks. This will be my longest holiday away from Easterfest in 10 years.

I have had mixed emotions about the trip actually - excited about seeing my sister & co and my amazing friend Rowan, a little guilty about leaving the office for such a long stretch, nervous about what the guys will get up to with the festival in my absence and slight trepidation about travelling alone (not my favourite thing to do). I have been so busy getting myself out of the office this week that I haven't spent much time thinking about the trip - good thing I have Sunday and Monday to get all sorted out.

I had a 'last lunch' with mum and Dana at my favourite Deli Delicious today. Gee I love that place! I have made them both new converts - they have vowed to come back and stock up on the yummy gourmet bits and pieces on the shelves.

I realised today how reassuring it is to have people in your life that actually miss you when you are away. You know how you have those friends and family members that you talk to every day or two, share all the parts of your life with (well I do anyway) - even the boring bits... well mum and Dana are two of those friends to me.

I'm grateful for being missed. For people who notice when I leave the country and count the days till I come back.

Six words - Friends: the people who miss you

1 comment:

Selena said...

I'll miss you Linda.