Friday, August 13, 2010

DAY 28

Today I am grateful for: friday night friends



As I write tonights blog this bunch of smiley faces are busily playing a game that involves them arguing with each other about whether the sentence 'Early afternoon really tis hot' and other versions are valid acronyms for EARTH or not. Things get a little heated occasionally and I have to step in an adjudicate.

For the last 5 years we are been meeting together every Friday night - you can see our dinners in Blog Post 7. I promised the team that I would name each of them in my blog so here goes (from left)Maree Lyons, Brett Lyons, Your amazing blogger, Jason Stephens, Dana Stephens, Chris Protheroe, Selena Protheroe - and sleeping in the other rooms is Ethan Lyons and Sienna Protheroe.

I think I've talked about these friends before - how they are like my brothers and sisters, how they all like to hear about my dating dilemmas and talk about giving the guys who don't call a swift kick up the behind, how we all LOVE food, love talking about food, and love thinking about how to make the food we cook even better...

I remember a saying about if you do something regularly enough it becomes a habit - well these guys are a habit for me. Friday nights, laughs, advice, ridiculous comments, yelling, discussions and so much more.

I am going to be in BIG TROUBLE when they see this, but I couldn't help myself from sneaking in this pic of everyone while I was setting up the photo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For any intrepid readers out there joining us this evening let me make one thing clear - I do not cook food. But I do happily eat it.

And as for that acronym for EARTH, that is a real masterpiece. I wonder who could come up with such a gem? Oh wait...