Monday, August 30, 2010

DAY 44

Today I am grateful for: friends - old and new



By chance some mutual friends of Rowan and myself (Don and Rhona Fraser) happened to be in New York this weekend as part of a stop on their world trip. It was excellent and a little strange to see them waiting for us on the steps of the Met where we had planned to meet up for sunset drinks.

Don and Rhona were with their friends Johanna (from Brooklyn) and Marilyn (from New Jersey). The 6 of us had a great time chatting over drinks and then dinner at a fantastic Indian place in the city (alas I can't tell you exactly where it was as I seem to be absolutely terrible in remembering what part of the city I am in at any given time).

Today I am grateful for old friends and new friends. The city seems so much smaller when you see friendly faces you know.

______

Quick update on Saturday (sorry no photos this time)
- Brooklyn Markets
- Lunch at Habana Outpost
- Brooklyn promenade
- Brooklyn Bridge park
- Sunset drinks at the Met rooftop bar
- Indian dinner somewhere
- 'Wild Nothing' show at the Bowery

1 comment:

Selena said...

Love the sunset photo Linda - feels like I'm there!