Wednesday, July 21, 2010

DAY 5

Today I am grateful for: the great 'free book' collection
AKA the Library


So, if I could have a cup of tea with any person in history I think I might head to the 17th century to track down the man (or woman) who started the first library - and along with that cup of tea I would also give them a hug!

Think about it - there is no other place that lets your borrow something that you should really be paying for. You can't borrow clothes from Just Jeans, or CD's from Sanity, or a set of dinner plates from Target - but you can go to the library and borrow a whole stack of books - as long as you promise to bring them back in a months time.

I'm grateful for the library and it's shelves and shelves full of things I love - books. Books that make me love and hate, laugh and cry, imagine and understand, believe and distrust + much much more.

1 comment:

Selena said...

Yes, we certainly take it for granted don't we. Thank you library!