Sunday, October 17, 2010

DAY 93

Today I am grateful: Sunday lunch



Today I felt like a typical Australian housewife from the 1960's - I made roast lamb for lunch! Luckily the weather warmed up a little and we were able to sit out on my patio and enjoy the sun for the first time in a long while (thank you very much ridiculously cold spring!).

Mum and I invited my Aunty Sandie, Uncle Rodney and cousins Anthony and Craig over for lunch to start down the road to repaying the many many many meals they have invited us to over the years. I also needed to prove to Aunty Sandie that I could actually cook more than just desserts!

One again I am grateful for family. Over lunch we all discussed what I could do to make my outdoor area nicer, and devised a way to build an enclosure out the side where the cats can play. The amazing thing about having a handy uncle and four handy cousins is that they are willing and able to come over and build things for me - which is such an blessing for a single girl. All I have to do is pay costs and feed them yummy food. I can definitely do that!

Uncle Rodney happened to have his tool kit in the car (he told me it was because he knew he was coming to my house for lunch and that I would have some jobs for him - which I did!) and he fixed my cupboard again which had been deteriorating since my brother fixed it in Day 8. Very useful.

It was nice to be with family over good food again. I love roast lamb and banana choc icecream. Love Sunday lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo jealous!!!!