Tuesday, October 19, 2010

DAY 95

Today I am grateful for: Eden Faith Moes



Eden is my oldest niece, and the first grandchild born in to our family five years ago. It was about this exact day 6 years ago that Brian and Lara told us they were pregnant. I remember the moment vividly. I guess some moments just stay with us forever - the moments when we realise that things are about to change forever. Sometimes for good, sometimes for not so good. This moment was all about things changing for the better.

I love Eden. I love being an Aunty. I love the cuddles and kisses, random comments and insightful questions. I love how at 5 Eden is learning about the world and how everything fits in to it. During a visit earlier in the year Eden had been talking with her parents about marriage and husbands and wives and families. She matter-of-factly told me that because I didn't have a husband she was going to find me one in Boonah (where she lives). At this stage of my singleness journey I'll take all the help I can get - even from a primary schooler!

I'm not sure what my future holds - there is no guarantee that God has a husband and children and grandchildren waiting for me - even though deep down that is what I hope for. I am coming to terms with the thought that what comes in my next 10 years may not be what I had planned. It may be completely different. It may break my heart and cause me to be rebuilt in to a new person. I love that no matter what happens I will always have the love of these children - Eden, Ava, Jamin, Kael and Asher. The children who will hopefully always call me Aunty with a smile on their face.

2 comments:

Alison Smith said...

quite a journey lin...
love the pictures of eden. beautiful
xox

Anonymous said...

They will! and being their aunty with no attachment of her own can make for a super special relationship that will bring great joy to you all. Keep the doors open and you will be blessed! You can build very special relationships with them individually as they grow up!Love you Linda,Your special newcastle aunt