Friday, October 8, 2010

DAY 84

Today I am grateful for: cupcakes sent from heaven


So I whipped these little packages of deliciousness up last night and, as the cook, had to sample one to make sure they were not hideous. They were not. I have never eaten a cupcake so amazing in my life.

I shall share my secret with you all, so you too can share in this incredible culinary joy.

Today I am grateful for white chocolate & strawberry cupcakes.

White Chocolate & Strawberry Cupcakes

225g butter (softened)
225g castor sugar
225g self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
4 eggs
1tsp strawberry essence
100g white choc chips

Icing
200g cream cheese (softened)
175g icing sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
3tbs chopped fresh strawberries (optional)

- Preheat oven to 175g
- Combine butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs & strawberry essence and beat in mixer until light and creamy
- Stir in choc chips
- Spoon into 18 muffin cases
- Bake for 20mins
- Cool on rack
- To make icing beat all ingredients together - except strawberries. Add these at the end
- Spread on top of cupcakes before serving

1 comment: