Saturday, October 23, 2010

DAY 99

Today I am grateful for: treasures


I was happily reminded of the complete joy little girls find in their treasures. I noticed Miss Eden (5) had been carrying around a little fairy bag all morning. After many heartfelt promises that 'I would be very, very careful' I managed to convince Eden to let me have a look:


Miss Eden's treasures included a pink ribbon, a butterfly bobbypin, a small doll with a purple dress, a butterfly keyring, a plastic dog, the tail only of a My Little Pony, a broken purple hairband, a heart shaped bead and a painted plaster heart.

To Miss Eden, these are some of her most precious things. These little bits and pieces, the broken things we would normally throw away, these are the things Miss E sees beauty in. They are of such high worth that she carries them around close to her heart.

It made we wonder what are the things I carry around close to my heart?. What do I put value in that others would see as worthless? I have a box of love letters somewhere from my high school romances: worthless to some, a reminder of innocent days to me. Maybe the size 10 dress that hangs in my cupboard - a waste of space to some, a dream that maybe one day I will fit back in to it for me (although it would probably take either 6 months in the gym with a trainer or an unfortunate bout of gastro for that to happen!).

I wonder if we all have treasures we can't give up. Reminders of better days gone or better to come? I wonder....


On another note, I introduced Mr Asher to the camera today. He was a fan.

Grateful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I cant' get over how...wonderful you look with this little baby :) I am really looking forward to 100 days of generous/giving.