Monday, October 4, 2010

DAY 80

Today I am grateful for: Summer - it's nearly here



I am a summer girl. My spirit loves a hot day. Today I finally feel that winter in behind me, and summer is coming down the road.

Here are some of the things that I love about summer:
- Driving at night with the windows down and the music up
- Tall glasses of ice water
- Singlet tops and short skirts
- Cicadas singing me to sleep
- Dinner on the BBQ (steak, crispy potatoes, fried egg - yummo!)
- Christmas holidays
- Lazy weekends in the backyard, sitting under a tree with a good book

There is just so much to look forward to in the next 6 months. Summer is my time if year - and it all starts with Spring.

I am grateful that winter is over, that spring is here, and that summer is coming.

____

With 20 days left to be grateful I am running out of ideas - so if you can think of anything that I have missed please let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah no Linda, no help! This is where I imagine the challenge really becomes a challenge! We ALL need to be stretched to give God thanks for the things around us that we take for granted. The next 20 days will probably take it to a new level for you. Do it wholeheartedly and let God show you things you hadn't noticed before. luv Diana M

Selena said...

Well said Diana - Yes, Linda - let God show you something you never expected.