Friday, October 15, 2010

DAY 91

Today I am grateful for: biscuits hot from the oven



Eating biscuits hot from the oven is one of the best things for me. Warm, with the choc chips all gooey - it's another one of those 'sent from heaven' moments.

These are my favourites - chocolate crackle top biscuits. I'll share the recipe because me keeping this to myself is just criminal.

Chocolate Crackle Top Biscuits

50g butter, chopped
100g dark choc buttons
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup plain flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbs cocoa powder
2/3 cup icing sugar

1 - Melt butter and 50g choc in microwave - 1 to 2mins on medium.
2 - Beat sugar and egg in small bowl with electric mixer.
3 - Stir in chocolate mixture.
4 - Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa and mix into dough.
5 - Mix in remaining choc chips.
6 - Refrigerate for 60mins or until firm enough to roll.
7 - Preheat oven to 180C.
8 - Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of dough into balls. Roll balls in icing sugar to coat thickly.
9 - Place on trays and bake for 12mins or until firm. Cool on wire racks for 10mins before serving.

No comments: