Friday, October 22, 2010

DAY 98

Today I am grateful for: real people


I am grateful for the people in my life who are real. They don’t have any reason to be anything but themselves around me. What you see is what you get and that is fine with me.

Tonight my church held their annual Bush Dance and everyone was invited. With all age groups represented, from babies, primary schoolers, gangly teenagers, exuberant guys, smiley girls, mothers, fathers, husbands, wives, daughters, sons, grandparents, singles and everything in between.

It is a incredible to be a part of a community that plays together. How often in normal life would you get the chance to just be silly for a while without the need for alcohol to lubricate situations in to a semblance of fun?


I have been attending Bush Dance’s my entire life. I remember my childhood church doing the exact same thing occasionally and can recall dancing with my uncles and aunts and friends without a care in the world.

Every once in a while I get the chance to forget myself and just laugh. You know the laugh that comes from deep within and burbles out, infecting everyone around? That laugh can heal the soul I think.

Tonight I laughed and forgot the things that worry me. Tonight for a moment I was 10 years old again, spinning around the dance floor in the arms of someone who I trusted to not let me go.

No comments: