Monday, October 18, 2010

DAY 94

Today I am grateful: Zoe



This is my very good friend Zoe. It is easy to be grateful for a loyal dog who has loved me unconditionally for the last 12 years. Yes - that photo of me on the left is Zoe at a couple months and me at 18.

It's funny looking at the pictures side by side. Some things have changed - I now wear a suit instead of a tshirt most days, Zoe has a grey nose, my hair is longer, Zoe has eyebrows.

Some things stayed the same - my hair is the same colour, Zoe's ears are still floppy, my nose is just as big as it used to be, Zoe still loves almost everyone.

Wherever Zoe lives in she will always be devoted to the alpha male of the house. For most of her life she was in love with my Dad, and when she went to live with my sister & co a couple of years ago she then fell in love with Danny. Zoe loves the pack leader. Now that she is in retirement at my mum's place she is content loving her in the place of a man. I think deep down Zoe misses my Dad as well too.

She is loyal and brave, protective and loving, gentle and warm. Now in her old age she is turning into a genteel senior citizen, sleepy and partially deaf but always ready to welcome visitors with a waggy tail and a nose snuzzle.

Unlike my cats, Zoe loves unconditionally. I think my cats tolerate me because I am the happen to be the person that provides food.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." Andy Rooney

I might be a cat person, but there is always room to love a dog as well. I'm grateful for Zoe. A true friend.

______

My '100 days of grateful' is nearly over and I am wondering what to do next. If you have any suggestions for something else I could do a '100 day' project on let me know. It would need to be something I could photograph and write about regularly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re your next project. Linda can I say that I will be sad when your 100 days of Grateful are over.You have been an inspiration, you have made me cry, laugh and reflect into the past, present and future of my own life. What an awesome task it has been but know that I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. Although very personal your next project - publish this in book form please. Thanks - Linda M (NZ)