Wednesday, October 6, 2010

DAY 82

Today I am grateful for: cooking direction/inspiration



To my mothers chagrin I have actually grown up to be a decent cook. As a teenager she worked desperately hard to get me interested in the kitchen, but being the lazy teenager that I was I wanted nothing to do with anything related to household work.

I can't even remember when I discovered that I actually didn't hate cooking. Maybe it was when I moved out of home in my early 20's and my survival instinct kicked in without mum's cooking around to sustain me.

Nowadays one of my favourite things to do is to sit down with a cookbook and drool over the food held within. Give me a reason to make a dessert and I will whip out these favourite books and recipes, flicking through them all to find the perfect solution to that particular culinary challenge.

Today I am grateful for the instruction and inspiration held within these covers. Without them it might be spaghetti on toast every night in my kitchen.

No comments: