Friday, October 1, 2010

DAY 77

Today I am grateful for: birthday cake



There's something about birthday cake that lifts the spirit. Maybe it's the fresh cream, strawberries and all that chocolate - but for me birthday cake makes my heart happy.

Sadly it doesn't make the rest of me quite so happy - double time at the gym tomorrow to work off all that happy.

Today I am grateful for the chance to make other people happy with my kitchen creations.

When eating birthday cake I am always reminded of a character from one of my favourite book series (by Janet Evanovich) - Stephanie Plum is a hapless bounty hunter who, when things are looking bad, buys other people's frosting covered birthday cakes from the bakery and eats it all before she realises that it's all gone.
She is a birthday-cake-aholic.

Happy birthday Brett.

No comments: