Tuesday, October 5, 2010

DAY 81

Today I am grateful for: OPC's
(Other People's Children)


Today I am grateful for the children in my life - other people's children.

I love kids and I want to have my own one day, but God in his infinite wisdom has decided that that day is not now - so the next best thing are other people's children.

I love it that my brother and sister have both given me free reign with their offspring. When I need cuddles, the littlies are there. My friends are the same, although their kiddies are a bit more reserved with Aunty Linda (I think I dazzle them a little too much sometimes!). That is Sienna in the left picture - I don't remember her smiling at me once. She is not amused by my silliness.

There are many good points to being an Aunty to other peoples children:
1 - you are not expected to change nappies
2 - you can give them back when they start crying
3 - you can give them loud mechanical toys for christmas

Today I am grateful that although I am not a mother, that there are still little feet, and little hands, and little smilies in my life.

No comments: