Monday, October 25, 2010

When life gets too much - take a nap

DAY 1


Some days I wish I was a kid again. I wish the most important thing I had to achieve in a day was to play nicely with my sister (even when she cheated at Monopoly!) and remembering to use my manners.

I remember when all I wanted to do when I grew up was to stay up late, and now that I AM a grown up, all I want to do is go to bed early. My my - how things change. I guess God does have a sense of humour after all...

I absolutely love this picture of Ava from over the weekend. Minutes before this was taken I was reading her a story, and I happened to glance over to find her head gently slipping slowly down the side of the couch. Knowing that little girls are not supposed to sleep in the afternoon (otherwise they use their renewed energy to stay up all night long) I alerted my brother to the problem. Brian picked Ava up and deposited her on the opposite couch with a pillow. I'm not sure where the little pony toy came from - she must have been clutching it in her hand.

I think that I can learn something from Ava in this situation - sometimes you just need a nap.

No comments: