Saturday, October 16, 2010

DAY 92

Today I am grateful: my little slice of Australia



I always hoped that I would one day own a home.... with my husband and our adorable children living in it. I never thought I would do it on my own - but amazingly enough I have managed for the last 5 years to keep the bank happy and the mortgage paid, the house clean, the lawn mowed (not by me though!), the gardens somewhat tamed, the lights on and the front door open and welcome for visitors.

It is a real blessing to know that I won't have to move any time soon unless I choose to. I counted that I moved house 10 times in the last 10 years before settling here. It makes my heart happy to know I that my things and I are stationary for the next while anyway.

I took some pictures of the things I love most about this unit. Going from top left across I love:

1 - My bedroom wall that I painted myself with the help of my bro-in-law Danny and friend Dana. Makes me happy every time I look at it.

2 - Some of my first photos ever printed on canvas. Makes any room feel like spring time.

3 - A little wall sticker that I picked up last year. Brightens up the very boring wall above the TV.

4 - My reading corner in my bedroom. Most Sunday afternoons in winter I curl up in this spot with the sun coming in the sliding door, a cat on my lap, great music on the ipod, a cup of tea and a good book.

5 - My lounge room. With an incredibly comfortable couch, and decent sized TV and my favourite thing of 2009 being the hard drive recorder. I watch a lot of TV at night, and now I never have to watch ads again - hooray!

6 - The couch that I am couchsitting for my sister. It lives in the library (front room) and my two cats delight in sleeping on top of it for hours on end. It is also an incredibly comfortable spot to read and watch the world go by from.

7 - Outdoor area. A great spot for sitting in on hot summer nights with a glass of wine and some music or a friend to chat to. Also good for weekend lunches with a magazine.

8 - Knife block in the kitchen. Easy access for cooking and it makes me feel like a real chef!

9 - Another favourite photo I had printed on canvas. It sits above my dining room table and makes me feel like I am looking out the window at sunset all day through.

I am grateful for this unit. For a place to call my own and for the finances to pay it back. The girls are quite happy about living here too - they have found pretty much every available space for sleeping and have claimed them for themselves.


No comments: