Wednesday, October 20, 2010

DAY 96

Today I am grateful for: health



I have had this grateful on my list for a long time, but couldn't work out how to photograph it. The only thing I could think of to do was to take photos of random body parts to show that they weren't diseased and were in working order. You can be thankful that I abandoned this concept.

I'm not sure if I am most grateful that my feet are in good working order, but I figured that without them I couldn't go the gym every weekday and workout in my desperate attempt to stave off the 'boombah' that threatens me with every delicious mouthful. I would like to say that I am very happy with the state of my legs and skinny ankles - I think they make a flattering photo at least.

I have a lot to be grateful for with my health. I haven't had a flu or cold in over 2 years now - ever since I started being a gym bunny and stopped eating hot chips once a week (they are my weakness in life, in all their salty, crispy glory!).
Apart from a broken arm I have never spent any time in hospital. I have all my limbs and senses and I was born healthy with no defects or issues - which is a miracle being that I was born 7 weeks premi.

My only complaint is that I am blind as a bat. I can't see a thing without my glasses on - which is useful when showering as I can't see when it needs to be cleaned, and is annoying when my bedside clock is just a glowing redness rather than an actual display of time. But if appalling vision is all I have to contend with I am a grateful girl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your shoelaces are uneven. Please fix them.