Friday, July 23, 2010

DAY 7

Today I am grateful for: dinner with friends


For the last 5 years I have been spending most Friday nights with some very good friends - we all bring something for dinner and we sit and chat like a great big family - with three conversations going at once, the girls trying to talk over the guys and the occasional instance of food stealing from a neighbours plate.

Tonight was no different to any other, apart from the fact that I think our dinner's have come to end - we have moved on to the more refined and easy to prepare 'supper'. I'm going to miss them greatly - as a single person it's nice to feel part of a little family comprising of more than oneself, to eat dinner with something other than the TV for company.

Anyway, things change. Nothing stays the same. I'm embracing the new plan with cupcakes and chocolate

2 comments:

Selena said...

Awww...sad. I want them to continue now!

Unknown said...

Amen to the cupcakes and chocolate, I say! ;-)