Saturday, November 6, 2010

A quiet summer approaches...

DAY 11



How do your weekends look this time of year? Mine look a lot like this picture.

It seems that everyone has finally emerged from their winter hibernation, blinking in the sunlight and looking a little bewildered - what is this thing called "outside"?

I am a little lost for what to do on my weekends now that my source of entertainment has relocated overseas. For the last couple of years I have fill up my weekends with Alison and the kids and laying around in their shady backyard reading and chatting and laughing. Now there is a gaping hole where they used to be. I get to Friday night and realise that unless I am heading off to my brothers house in Boonah (90mins away), or they are coming here, that there will be no little smiles to brighten up my days.

I have built myself a world centred on other people's families. As an 'unwilling single' I am not sure what is worse - knowing what I want and can't have, and understanding what I have and not wanting it. Maybe they are equally sobering.

So this is what my home weekends look like. Me, with a book, outside in the sun, in a comfy chair, with a cold drink and 'passenger' playing on my iphone.

It is going to be a quiet summer I think.....

1 comment:

Selena said...

You should come 'round and see if you get any smiles here one weekend Linda!