Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I miss my sister

DAY 28



I've been missing my sister Alison lots and lots and lots lately. There is a big gap in my life where she was. Maybe it is because we don't seem to be able to get it together enough to talk like we used to - time differences and my lack of broadband or a landline at home means we can only talk when I am at work - which never allows for anything other than daily happenings.

I miss Alison and her ability to challenge me, to call me out when I am being selfish, to remind me that I am not alone, to advise my dating life (or lack there of) and to do what sisters do - be there always.

Al wrote about missing me a couple of weeks ago on her blog. I love how she talks about the joy of having a sister who has all the same shared memories. I am missing making new memories as well. The every-day memories. The cup-of-tea-and-a-chat memories. The quick-escape-from-the-kids memories. The lay-in-the-backyard-with-a-book memories.

I miss you Al, and I know things won't change with absence.

No comments: