Monday, November 15, 2010

New music: Passenger

DAY 17



If I were still being grateful (which I am trying to be) today I would be grateful the joy of discovering new music.

Passenger (aka Mike Rosenburg) came across my path when he was the support for Boy and Bear on their tour last month. I was blown away by his set, so I downloaded his newest album (legally of course) the next day. I don't think there has been a day since then that I haven't listened to at least one of his songs.

Mike played in Toowoomba on Saturday night which is a rarity - as most musicians find Toowoomba to be a little too small to add a tour date to. It was a great show. Loved every minute of it.

I go to quite a few shows in the course of a year - 60% for work, and 40% for fun. Live shows are always that much better when you know and love the music. The rest of the time it tends to be a long hour of noise.

Enjoy some Passenger - it's a nice way to start the day (or whatever time of day it is!).
PS - I know it is too big for the screen but am willing to put up with it if you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda. If you liked seeing Mike play live and you like the latest CD, then treat yourself and take a listen to the 2 previous CD's at

http://soundcloud.com/passengerofficial/tracks?page=2

http://soundcloud.com/passengerofficial/tracks?page=3