Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Men with power tools

DAY 7



As an early Christmas present to my two cats I decided to turn a 6m space down the side of my unit in to a purpose built kitty coop. This way the girls can play outside without escaping, being cat-napped or run over by cars. My Uncle Rodney kindly offered to do the building for me - along with the dubious help of my cousins.

I was given a brief yet valuable insight in to living with men - throughout the course of the day I witnessed:
1 - Darryl drilling a hole in to Anthony's shirt
2 - Uncle Rodney pretending to chop off his finger - with authentic tomato sauce blood
3 - Uncle Rodney shooting Anthony in the butt with the staple gun
4 - Numerous hammer incidents
5 - Untold numbers of verbal sledgings

I love these guys but for the time being I am very glad I share my house with females only. I am also very grateful for these men who come wielding power tools and leave useful things that won't fall down after they have gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some people remember peoples eyes or hair but I always remember people's hands. I saw that hand in the photo and said "that is a Moes hand!" Mark thought it would be Rodney but I knew it wasn't. Then we realised it must be Darryl. He has the same nails and hands as Mark. Aren't family genetics great! Diana