Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ava likes birthday cake

DAY 23



Who am I kidding - I think I like birthday cake even more than Ava does - and from her grin that means a lot of birthday cake love.

There is a character in a book series that I love (Janet Evanovich's - Stephanie Plum series) who loves birthday cake more than anyone I have ever heard of. When things are tough, bumbling bounty hunter Stephanie heads to the bakery and takes home an unwanted birthday cake - usually with something like 'happy 50th birthday Barney' written on top of the icing. She then proceeds to eat the whole thing with glee.

I can empathise with Stephanie - though my weakness is actually hot chips. Those little parcels of crispy, salty potato-ey goodness are my happy place. They also send me straight to 'fatty-boombah-hips-land' but sometimes it's worth it.

Anyway - just a quick post tonight as I am out the door to my first Christmas Party of the season - bring on the festivities!


No comments: