Monday, November 8, 2010

Sisters - then and now

DAY 12



1985 - the reason's why I love this photo:
1 - I have a mullet haircut and am pretending to be a rabbit. Why not.
2 - Alison (my sister) also has a mullet, is trying to wink and is wearing a dress with Indians on it (apparently her favourite)
3 - Our beloved Kombi is in the background

I can just imaging the photographer saying "do something funny girls" - I think "i'm a rabbit - that's funny!", Alison thinks "look, I can wink!".

Priceless.


2010 - the reason's why I love this photo:
1 - 25 years later, the only similarities that Alison and I outwardly share is our smile and a similar hair length. I like that even though we look so different, we share something that comes from joy.
2 - We both have deep set smile lines. Hopefully a good indication of a happy childhood and many, many moments of shared silliness.
3 - My shirt has a bird on it. I love this shirt.
4 - Alison's shirt has Babushka dolls on it. She loves that shirt.

If I am ever lucky enough to have children, I pray that I may have two daughters - so they can share in what I learned from growing up with a sister.
_________

Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there. ~Amy Li

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a sister ...

Alison Smith said...

u did the next best thing mum. you gave ur daughters a sister. very selfless of you. xox

Sue Moes said...

Yep - I would have just kept having children until I had 2 girls. Poor Brian missed out on having a brother though.