Sunday, July 25, 2010

DAY 9

Today I am grateful for: Asher Xave Moes


I am so grateful for the newest addition to the Moes family - little Asher is 6 weeks old and was oh so cute when he arrived yesterday in his bear suit.

There is something about family that just can't be replicated anywhere else. For me, family is the place where I can be who I really am, where I can love, laugh and be real around people who don't judge. Asher will grow up loved by his Aunty Linda. I will call him 'Asher Smasher' until he turns 3 and politely tells me 'Aunty, my name is Asher, not Asher Smasher' like his two older sisters did around the same age (not that I called them Smasher as well, but you get the idea).

I will be there for his birthdays, and christmas, and random days in summer, winter, autumn and spring. Although I'm having trouble imagining my nieces and nephews in high school, or uni, getting married and having their own children I am sure those days will sneak up on me.

I guess that's what life is all about - sharing days with those you love, and who love you.

Welcome to the family Asher - we've been waiting for you.

2 comments:

Alison Smith said...

wat a snookey. I just want to give him a welcome cuddle from his aunty al. lovely pics, esp the one of him and lara!

Anonymous said...

Linda it happens awfully fast , Our Jess has her 'L's and it wasn't that long ago that she was as cute and cuddly as Asher[by the way I love his name!]Aunty Jane