Thursday, July 22, 2010

DAY 6

Today I am grateful for: my favourite lunch spot


So, I'm letting you in on a little secret - I have been introduced the best lunch spot in Toowoomba (thanks Heather Woodcraft!). It's 'The Deli' on the corner of Herries and Hume Streets - but it is the one on the Herries Street side.

The cafe does the most amazing gourmet food you have ever tasted with rolls, wraps and panini's of Wagu beef, Ham, and my favourite Turkey & brie with cranberry sauce + if I am being extremely naughty I get a tub of natural yoghurt with macadamias for dessert - heaven!

I do have to limit myself to just one visit a week though - otherwise I'd be spending a lot more time a the gym to counter the adverse 'yummy lunch' effects!

Lately I've been disappearing from the office for an hour with my book, tossing a quick "I'll be back later" over my shoulder before the boys can say anything to the contrary. I sit up on a stool at the long wooden tables, surrounded by shelves and shelves of every gourmet food or ingredient you could imagine, and I smile.

It's my little hideaway. Shhh.....

PS: The Deli has an online store as well - amazing stuff!

No comments: