Tuesday, July 20, 2010

DAY 4

Today I am grateful for: an incredible sky


Driving home from work this afternoon, I already had something else planned to be grateful for today (I AM an organised person remember!) but as I turned the corner near my house I was stunned by this gorgeous sunset. I pulled over and grabbed my camera (now conveniently located in my bag), and snapped off a couple shots before it completely disappeared. I decided to change todays blog to this sunset - it's so stunning how could I not?

I've always hoped to one day live somewhere with a great view so I could capture the sunset every day. As it is, I miss it most days as I am either still at work, driving home from work or already on to whatever I have planned for after work.

So today, I am grateful that I caught this one. There will be thousands of sunsets in my lifetime but I will probably only witness a few of them. If nothing else, this project has helped me to stop and be grateful for just this one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How on earth do you fit your camera in your bag?

Selena said...

Love the shot - the tree in the foreground sets it off.

Joy Argow said...

That was an INCREDIBLE sunset. I drove home watching it for like half an hour... desperately wanting to find somewhere good to snap it from!