Saturday, July 17, 2010

The '100 days of grateful' project begins

I've been a little melancholy lately. A little overwhelmed with the 'not so ideal' things in my life. A little saddened by circumstances. I realised (with a little prodding from some friends) that by dwelling on these things I only make it worse. The light at the end of the tunnel is difficult to see when you've got your eyes closed.

The solution: '100 days of grateful'

Combining my love of photography and words I'm planning to capture one thing I am grateful for every day - for 100 days. If I am feeling particularly grateful I might even write a couple of words as well.

I'm hoping that by identifying the things that make me happy, I can lighten my spirit. Maybe even remind myself that things are even better than I expect.

I'm setting out to find joy in the little things that make up a day.

DAY 1
Today I am grateful for: Sally


Sally is one of my closest friends. We have been friends for 16 years - since we were in high-school together.

Sally has seen me at my worst and at my best, and still loves me anyway.

Sally turned 30 yesterday so we celebrated with an amazing high-tea at Gips restaurant this afternoon. I am so grateful for a true friend. It doesn't matter if we don't talk to each other every week, or see each other regularly (no matter how hard we try), because things don't change between us - we always pick up the conversation right where we left off.

1 comment:

Selena said...

Great pics Linda!