Thursday, July 29, 2010

DAY 13

Today I am grateful for: soup that is good for me



I'm on a health kick at the moment (trying to look good for my trip to America in 4 weeks!) and with that comes giving up the things I really love (like hot chips and ice-cream) and embracing all that is nutritional.

I'm extremely grateful for my chicken vege soup for lunch - it is nutritious, colourful, hearty, filling and relatively cost-efficient to make. My body loves it... but sadly my brain does not. My brain wishes it could have a chicken burger or spaghetti bolognese or a foccacia from The Deli. My brain want's anything that is the opposite of soup.

Can you be grateful and thankless at the same time? Because I think I am - every lunch. The great thing for my body is that I have 13 more soups to go before I run out. Not so good for my brain though. Maybe it's time to find a new lunch option.

No comments: