Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell 2010

DAY 52



It is the last day of 2010, and I am looking back on the year.

So much has changed, and yet so much has stayed the same.

In 2010…
  • I started writing this blog and learned to be grateful in the moments when I felt anything but
  • I went on 6 first dates
  • I went on 1 second date
  • I went on 1 date where the date failed to show up
  • 4 members of my family moved to America, and took part of my heart with them
  • 1 friend moved to New York City
  • 1 friend moved to Melbourne
  • I have had 2 housemates
  • I have read 45 books
  • I took the longest holiday of my working life
  • I spent 8 amazing days in New York
  • I spent 14 days in Utah and found my heart again
  • I travelled to Vancouver and back, met some amazing people and saw some of the most beautiful scenery I could imagine
  • I did not find love - though I searched for it in many places
  • I welcomed my third nephew to the world
  • I have laughed and I have cried
  • I have forgiven, and have been forgiven
  • I have shared joy and tears with friends
  • I ran my 12th Easterfest music festival
  • I celebrated my 30th birthday and rejoiced in the years
  • I have taken more photos in these 365 days than in the last 5 years combined
  • I attended 1 funeral
  • I attended 1 wedding
  • I learned to let go of what I have been holding tightly for the last 10 years
  • I made a life changing plan
  • I lost 14kgs and found 9 of them again
  • I discovered the incredible blessings in my life that I had taken for granted

I pray that 2011 will bring
  • Safety for my family
  • Joy for my friends
  • Peace
  • Hope
  • Love
  • Contentment
  • Boldness
  • Knowledge
  • Faith
  • Joyful reunions
  • Strength to let go
  • Empathy and understanding

May 2011 bring you and your family simple happiness, contagious laughter and unimaginable joy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, You are an inspiration and I love all you have written! Go forward in 2011 Trusting in God who loves you, knows what you need and will do all that He has planned for you! Aunty Jane

Unknown said...

Great post Linda!