Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas joys...

DAY 47



Some many great moments today, accompanied by the occasional sadness - missing those family members not joining us.

My highlight was watching my nieces open their presents this morning on my lounge room floor. Moments filled with exclamations of joy and occasional skirmishes with the cat.

Special breakfast with bacon and eggs and yummy chai tea from my new pink teapot (thanks to my lovely sister-in-law Lara).

My brother explaining to the girls why we give and receive presents on Christmas day - we remember Jesus birthday by giving gifts to the people we love.

Incredible lunch with family and friends around a big table. Laughter, wine, decadent desserts and joy all on the menu.

In my world, Christmas is all about family. Family - both immediate and extended. Family who love you no matter what. Family who share your joy and sorrow. Family who can't wait for you to succeed and who cheer you on along the way.

Family who love you for much more than just sharing a last name.


But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Luke 2:10


No comments: