Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nothing says love like a good dose of food poisoning

So here is how my night went tonight... mum makes dinner, we eat, one hour later mum yells out from the lounge room "Linda are you feeling sick?"
Linda: "Yes"
Sue: "me too. I left the chicken in the microwave overnight"
Linda: "You gave us food poisoning!!!!"

Later after I went in to complain to mum about how bad I was feeling (and she commiserated that whatever I was feeling, she was feeling too), she mentioned that this was the first time in all her 30+ years of cooking that she had ever cooked anything bad. It made me think of just how many meals she has prepared for me over the years.. all those years when I was an ungrateful kid complaining about eating tomato and vegetables. All those years of watching my weight when I was in uni. All those years when I was dodging doing my turn at cooking.

So here is to my mum - for years and years and years of great, healthy meals that didn't give me food poisoning.

2 comments:

Joy Argow said...

Oh Sue is a legend!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Coincidentally I came down with food poisoning yesterday. I've never felt anything so bad in my entire life. Felt like my body was trying to turn itself inside out.

Tip of the day: Don't buy pasta salad from "Raw Sugar", it's the cafe next door to the Suncorp building.