Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dancing with the green-eyed monster

DAY 63



Jealousy
Not something we talk about a lot.
Not something anyone generally admits to.
But I will.
I’ve been dancing with the green-eyed monster lately.

Not the ‘I wish I had what you have’ monster.
More like his cousin - the ‘I can’t be in the same room as your happiness’ monster.
The monster that munches your heart up.
Slowly.

The monster that whispers in my ear.
Steals my joy.
Actually I think he eats my joy for breakfast.

So
How do I return this monster to where he came?
That is a good question.
Maybe I will remind myself of all the things I was grateful for 64 days ago.
I think I will find it hard to be jealous and grateful at the same time.

I don’t want to dance with this monster any more.
He steps on my toes.
With his big green feet.

xxoo
L

2 comments:

Selena said...

Big hugs for you Linda.
The wait will be worth it in the end.

Anonymous said...

Linda I would share your pain if I could hang in there and defeat the green monster1